Thursday, December 27, 2012

Knitted Stars

I'm sure it's been a busy week for all of you with the Christmas holiday.  I had a great time with my family.  I'm anxious to take down my Christmas decorations since they have been up since the day after Thanksgiving!

I wanted to share a recipe with you but I realized that it was too late - I had already made it and forgot to take pictures!  So, instead here is a quick, fun project that you can do.  It's knitted stars and they are so much fun to make.  They are made on DPN (double pointed needles) and you can use sports weight or DK weight yarn.  You only need a little amount so it's a good project to use up odds and ends.



Stars are popular at Christmas time but you can also use them anytime of the year in different color schemes.  I plan on making a number of these in red, white and blue and use them in a 4th of July wreath.  Here is the pattern:  

Supplies:
1 set DPN size 3
small ball of sport weight or DK weight yarn
darning needle

And the finished product!


I hope you enjoy this project.  I would love to hear from you if you wish to comment.  I will leave you with my best wishes for the New Year.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave a comment!