Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas Card Swap

I had the pleasure to take part in Amy's Christmas card swap.  I received this lovely card from Marlene over at Poppy Patchwork. It was fun to take part in this and I hope Amy will host the card swap again next year.


On Saturday afternoon we went to a local performance of the Nutcracker.  It was put on by the  Laguna Dance Theatre. We have attended professional ballet company performances in the past but I must say this was really my favorite.  The dancers were superb and their outfits were stunning.   The little dancers were so adorable, too.  I hope we can make this an annual event for our family.

On a side note, they were selling raffle tickets for gift baskets.  I never win anything but I did on Saturday!  This is the beautiful gift basket I won.  There's a lovely Clara doll included that I plan on giving to my little granddaughter for her first birthday.


The countdown is on.  Everything is ready here at Lilly my Cat (or at least I think so).  My brother will be arriving tomorrow for join us for the festivities. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and I hope that who are traveling, a safe journey.

Merry Christmas,

Pat

16 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations on winning that Nutcracker basket full of goodies! We love the Nutcracker performance. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am visiting you from Amy's christmas card swap. Love the pretty Christmas card you received!! Wishing you a Merry Christmas.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Amy's....your embossed card is so pretty! I was looking around for Lilly and found her! She is a gorgeous Maine coon cat who looks perfectly content. Enjoy your brother's visit and have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Congratulations on your win. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that you enjoyed the swap! Thank you for joining in. Your gift basket is fabulous isn't it! Happy Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful Christmas Card. My sister took my niece to watch her first ballet last week which was the Nutcracker, she enjoyed greatly although I'm told she fidgeted a little but she only 9 years old.
    I'm sure your granddaughter will love the Clara doll.

    Angela - Garden Tea Cakes and Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card. Congrats on the gift basket. I usually don't win either so it's always extra special when I do. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Pat and wow for winning. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card and basket too..I enjoyed this swap too..looking forward to exploring your blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous card, I love the effect which embossing gives. Congratulations on your win, that gift basket look to be full of lots of lovely things. Wishing you a very merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you're going to have a great Christmas! What kind of boat did you have? We had a Ranger 26 and I actually lived aboard in Friday Harbor for 4 months! I singlehanded it there and on the Columbia River many times.
    ****************************************
    *M*E*R*R*Y* * *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ****************************************
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun to win the basket, enjoy a local performance, have a lovely swap and be ready to celebrate some more, Pat :) Merry Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas. I'm popping over from Amy's page. I enjoyed this swap very much, so lovely to have a sweet card in the mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What Lovely card and how lovely to see the nutcracker. I saw it once years ago and loved it. I would love to see it again. Happy Christmas xx

      Delete
  14. Lovely Christmas card - Amy's card swap is a great success, isn't it! What a beautiful basket load of goodies you won! (Hubbie and I had a lucky win too, I've blogged about it!) Happy Christmas Pat!
    Hugs! Barbara xx.

    ReplyDelete
  15. it sure is fun to see what every one is getting in this card swap. i just hopped over to see your Christmas card swap from "Amy's at Love Made My Home". hope you are well. that you had a nice Christmas. here's hoping the New Year will be a great one for all. take care. all the best to ya. ( :

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave a comment!