Sunday, August 30, 2015

Scavenger Hunt @ Made With Love

It's been awhile since I took part in this fun scavenger hunt.  It's hosted by Greenthumb over at Made With Love.  If you have a chance, please stop over to Made With Love and meet some new friends.  I enjoyed putting this collage of photos together.

Walk...here's a photo of a fruit seller walking his horse and cart down a street in Istanbul.  I was surprised to see this out of my bedroom window as I hadn't seen this horse drawn cart except during my travels in Egypt.

Horizontal...here's the big fish my little grandson caught at our local lake.  He was so excited that day and in fact he caught two large fish.

Square...a photo of my easy tomato tart using puff pastry. I took a square of puff pastry, added some sliced tomatos, sprinkled with salt and pepper and crumbled goat cheese on top. I baked it in a 400 F degree oven until pastry was puffed and golden.  It's a simple dinner or lunch entree.

Diversity...a large selection of spices at the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul.  This was my first time visiting the Grand Bazaar as last year in Istanbul I visted the Spice Bazaar.  The Grand Bazaar is grand in all ways.  It was a most enjoyable afternoon.

Rough...the imposing rock wall at our property (do you spy the little cat?)  It's a huge rock retaining wall that has beautiful bouganvilla plants growing on it. 

Bow...My new little granddaughter's outfit with all the bows.  She came home in this outfit and was so tiny compared to this dress.

Joy...my little grandson as Spiderman..grandma's joy! We visited with him one afternoon and he quietly disappeared upstairs. He came down wearing this costume.  It was 90+ degree outside that day.  He loves Spiderman and Transformers.

Forgotten...a doorway from long ago in Turkey.

Crowd...a lovely evening at the Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach, CA.  We attended this performance for the first time this year and I must say it's probably the most favorite thing I've done in a long time.  This is the common area where the music and art show takes place. But, the actual pagent takes place in an outdoor theatre with the audience sitting under the moon and the stars.  It was an amazing evening.

Colorless...little feet of my grandchildren at the beach.  Last week it was 20+ degrees cooler at the beach.  They didn't stay long but just long enough to enjoy the water and cool off.

Friendly...I can't forget Lilly my sweet cat!  She is my constant companion.  I feel bad for her as she's had to be in the house this week due to the hot temps outside.  I guess as long as she's is fed, she is a happy cat.

Whatever...needlepoint is my new obsession.  Here's a picture of my current needlepoint project.  I hope to make it into a handbag after it's completed.  I completed the pastoral scene and need to block it and find a frame.  I really enjoy this new hobby but I find I need to work on it during the natural daylight hours since the colors fad into one during the evening.

I'd love to hear from you wherever you are.  I hope you have enjoyed this little glimpse into my eclectic life.  Lilly sends you all her best wishes for a wonderful week.

take care,

Pat

24 comments:

  1. What fun Pat! We just visited Istanbul and the Spice Market all the way from Australia. We loved it too. Lovely pics! Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea on the lunch. Looks easy and delicious. I enjoyed the photos from Turkey, especially the spices. How much it would be to try them and just to smell them. Love the feet. Enjoyed your selections. Most fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for taking part in this months scavenger hunt, what a great group of photos. I really like your photos from Istabul it is such a fabulous place. Greenthumb

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos - I'm glad you decided to take part again. Loved walk, diversity and colourless. The photo of your granddaughter's dress brought back memories. I still have a dress my daughter wore as a baby which was too big for her and she's 25 now! Precious memories. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super photos, I've enjoyed them all. The spices look amazing such rich colours. I love the old door and the rough wall with the little cat. Lovely to see Lilly too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures as usual, Pat! I bet Lilly wishes she had a zip so that she could take her fur coat off in your hot weather :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All really great finds! Square has to be the most delicious of them of course! The picture of the spices is wonderful, the smell must have been amazing. I look forward to seeing more of your needlepoint, it is a lovely picture! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially loved the photo of the feet! Lilly appears to be very comfortable, not too awfully worried about being indoors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Envying the hot weather! Lilly the cat seems quite content anyway.Liking the spices and the black and white picture for colourless.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad to see you back, LM! I've missed seeing your finds! Colorless was striking! Your grandson looked so cute in his Spiderman costume! Beautiful warm colors in that photo of the spices, Happy hunting in September!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catching up with your news I send congratulation on the birth of your new granddaughter. I'm sure she's bringing you much joy along with your little grandson. Some lovely photos for the scavenger hunt. I especially love that needlepoint picture. It must be satisfying working on it. Have a lovely week and hope you can all keep cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the warm hues in your spice pic and Spiderman looks pretty cool. Super foot photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what lovely photos. The photo of your grandchildren's feet is adorable!
    Lilly is a little beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely collection you put together this month! I love joy and colourless!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the photos, Pat! You found great interpretations for the prompts. I just love your needlework and the sweetness of your grandchildren's little feet. Lovely photos of your travels, too. Thank you for your dear visits. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fantastic idea....glad you included Lily ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Pat, I can almost smell those spices. Love the rock wall and of course your sweet cat! Babies little feet and hands are so precious!
    Your needlework is going to be fabulous!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an interesting set of photos to accompany the prompts! Your needlework is beautiful. I know just what you mean about needing daylight, though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely photos for each subject, Pat. Thanks for sharing...the feet are especially precious. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful variety of photos ~ it's so interesting to see different parts of the world, and your visit to Istanbul certainly offered some fascinating sights and sounds. Congratulations on your new granddaughter ~ your grandson is a perfect Spiderman!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a lovely sets of photographs...I particularly liked your 'Diversity' photo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm enjoying catching glimpses of Lilly in your posts. She is a beauty and must be a real joy in your life.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave a comment!