Friday, August 29, 2014

ALOHA FROM HONOLULU, HAWAII

Hello dear friends.  It's been awhile since I last wrote and I really wanted to share with you the "completed" sweater I knit for my grandson. But....as you might know.... it didn't go that way.  I'm still working on it. So instead, this week I will share some photos of my trip last week to Honolulu.

We stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. It's on Waikiki Beach and has everything right there including shops, restaurants and even its own ABC store.
This was our second time to stay at the village and our family really enjoyed the facilities it offers.

My daughter, Heidi, took me to afternoon tea at the Moana Surfrider hotel. It's a beautiful historic old hotel right in the center of Waikiki Beach.

One afternoon I walked to the Ala Moana mall and these ladies were performing a traditional Japanese dance.


We drove up the east side of the island and toured the Tropical Nut Farm. Hawaii produces 80% of the worlds macadamia nuts. It was a fun tour seeing some movie sets from old movies.



I will leave you with some pictures of Waikiki Beach from our hotel room. It was a great time and perfect tropical weather with the trade winds providing natural air conditioning.

There's lots to see on the island of Oahu.  Pearl Harbor is a historic site not to be missed. There's also LOTS of high end shopping* in Waikiki; Bvlgari, Cartier, Rolex, Hermes, Louis Vuitton, on and on.  And there are numerous tours you can take. My favorite one from a couple of years ago was the island tour. It's an all day bus tour that takes you all around the island of Oahu

I hope you have enjoyed this little bit of paradise. Honolulu is approximately a five hour fight from the west coast of the United States.  I booked this trip via Costco Travel and it included the flights, room and airport transfers.

Until next time,  ALOHA
Pat

*I'm not a high end shopper..it's fun to see the items in person that you see in the fancy fashion magazines.   But, my heart is at TJ Maxx, haha.

I almost forgot, please remember to stop by Handmade Harbour.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely post. I hadn't realised Hawaii had so much to offer. My husband went there years ago when he was backpacking and had a bit of a hairy experience in the water. It looks gorgeous. Glad you had such a happy time.

    jean x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look like a little bit of paradise. What beautiful scenery, and I love the cake stand photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not jealous,not jealous, not jealous! Looks amazing, hope you had a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely place it is - looks like a gorgeous holiday. Think I would have like the afternoon tea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fab holiday. That afternoon tea looks particularly delicious. I would have had that every day!

    Have a lovely crafty week,
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad that you couldn't wait a few more weeks as the "HAWAII FIVE-0" show will be having their Seasonal Premiere just down the Beach. Actually, they film a lot around your hotel... You didn't happen to notice, did you? - [total FANGIRL!]
    Anyhoo, glad that you had a great time. I haven't been there since 2000... Used to go quite often during the 80s. But, I'm saving up to go back in a couple of years. I sooo miss the ISLANDS!!
    And, MAHALO for the super PICS!
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful pictures! I'm glad you had such a lovely holiday, it looks like a really special place :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks beautiful Pat, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave a comment!