1. If you were down to your last $5.00, what would you spend it on?
Maybe I would buy a cup of coffee and pass it on someway. I worked at a bank for over 25 years. Back in those days, people would come in and withdraw their last $1.00 to buy a couple of gallons of gas (I'm sharing how long ago this was). It was a sad situation and it's still sad.
2. What is your favorite thing to eat?
Oh my, I think I have lots of favorites but I love eggplant and potatoes of course (that's the Danish in me)...
3. What was the first film you ever watched at the pictures?
I recall it was a circus themed film and performers with a trapeze act. My father was a policeman and the police station was right next door to the movie theater. My dad could take my cousins and I to the ticket window (he was in his police uniform) and they would let us in free! It was an old theater with a huge seating area, balcony and those beautiful old style velvet curtains across the stage.
4. If your house was on fire, what one thing other than family members and pets would you save?
I have lots of stuff in my house - maybe too much stuff as my sons says I should become a minimalist....but I would probably take my wedding picture.
5. What other than your children, is your greatest achievement.
It's not proper to be proud, but I am thankful for the family unit I have been a part of these past 39+ years. I will have been married 40 years this June to a wonderful, kind, perfect husband. And, I think we have been blessed with two wonderful children.
6. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Well, I probably wanted to be lots of things. But, I am most happy being the housewife and mother that I've been for these past 35+ years. It's a perfect match for me. My mother worked - so I was one of those kids who came home to an empty home. I had wonderful, loving parents but I never got over that my mom was not at home like the other kids. I chose not to have a career - as my job at the bank was more part time due to my choice. But, to answer the question...I had a Barbie doll growing up. One of her outfits was a beautiful long black evening dress with a flounce at the bottom. She had a microphone and it was her singing outfit. That's what I wanted to be - a singer. I would love to be able to sing like Susan Boyle. But, I can't sing. So, it's only a dream.
7. What word would other people use to describe you?
I hope they would say polite and kind. My children would say I'm eclectic.
8. How many WIPs do you have at the moment?
Easy question - three. A doily, scarf, and another scarf...Here's the link.
9. What's is your favorite yarn?
Recently, I discovered 6 ply sock yarn. I love it as it works up so fast. I love a bargain and I'm a bit of a yarn snob sometimes. I order all my yarn online and I get some great bargains and get to create items with beautiful yarn. There's not one particular brand I like. But, sorry, I'm not a fan of the big box craft store yarns....
10. What tool could you not do without?
That's easy - my vacuum. I vacuum almost every other day. I'm a bit fanatic about keeping my floors clean and I hate to see anything on them....especially with my big, beautiful, fluffy kitty Lilly in the house!
11. What was the last magazine you bought?
If you mean a magazine I actually have in my possession then it's Molly Makes. I bought it in London in November 2013. But, I recently subscribed to Taproot Magazine. I haven't received the first copy yet. I discovered this great magazine through another blog.
That's it. I've answered all the questions and I've probably bored you to death. But, there's more....
I'd like to pass on these questions for the next group of Liebster Awards.
Here they are:
1. Where would you like to live if you could live anywhere in the world?
2. What would you like to change in the world?
3. What's your favorite series on TV?
4. What could you not live without (either food or item)?
5. What's the most precious thing you have?
6. Do you like cats or dogs?
7. Do you knit or crochet or do both or neither?
8. What has been given to you that you can cherish for a lifetime?
9. What is your fondest memory of childhood?
10. How did you start blogging?
11. What inspires you?
I nominate the following blogs for this award:
Misty Cottage Crafts
The fun part is that this award is also given to anyone else who feels they would like to answer the questions I have posted. I've recently discovered the blogs listed above and have so enjoyed reading them. I'm sure you will too.
Enjoy your weekend,