Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Star Garland Bunting

Hi everyone!  I hope  you had a Happy New Year and that 2013 will bring the very best to each of you.  I last wrote back on December 27, 2012 and it was for a pattern for knitted stars.  It must have been a very boring blog posting since I only received one view!!

So, here's a little bit more about knitted stars.   I had ordered some yarn from England for a new project and since it hadn't arrived yet, I didn't want to start on a big project, I started knitted star after star.  After I knitted the first star, my creative mode took over.   I then came up with the idea that they look like flowers if you do two tones.


I followed the pattern with one color until row 10.  I attached a second color to the beginning of row 10 and continued with the second color for each tip of the stars (flowers).  These stars are so much fun to make and you don't need to worry about weaving in the ends of the yarn.  Just stuff them inside as you sew the two stars together and they provide just the right amount of stuffing it.


Here's the completed garland.  You can make it any size you desire and best of all, it's a great way to use up your odds and ends of yarn.  The bulky yarn will make a larger star and the fine yarn will make a smaller star.



Have fun with this project and I would love to hear your thoughts about this idea!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pat! I like the little garland you made out of the knitted stars. I picked out a nice pink alpaca yarn yesterday for a project and thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Katie for your kind comment. I look forward to seeing you soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave a comment!