Saturday, December 1, 2012

Holiday Tea at the St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort

Time goes by so fast!  I can't believe that it's already December 1st and the holiday season will soon be here!  I had a lovely day today.  My daughter invited me to a Holiday Afternoon Tea at the St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort in Dana Point, CA.  It's a short drive from our homes and it turned out to be a wonderful afternoon.

As you may recall, I'm new here to Southern California.  I love the weather and most of all, I love being near my wonderful grandson and my family.  But, I sometimes miss the quaintness of my home town.  Today's outing gave me new memories that I can share and hopefully it will be an annual Christmas adventure that my daughter and I can do.


  
This is a Christmas tree made of chocolate.  It not only looks beautiful but you could smell the chocolate!!  We enjoyed touring the hotel and seeing the decorations.  I thought this was a unique way to display a Christmas tree:



 Here's a photo of my lovely daughter, Heidi. 


 We had great service at the tea and enjoyed the canapes', delicious tea sandwiches and delicate sweets. (The French raspberry macaroons were to die for!)  We didn't realize that it also included a holiday martini!


 It was truly a lovely afternoon that I hope we can experience again next year.  If you wish to know more about the tea, you can contact the St. Regis at 800-722-1543.  The tea is served Thursday, Friday and Saturdays now to December 22nd.


 I will leave you with a picture of my "save the planet, green tree".  It's a little Norfolk pine that I found at my local grocery store.  Since it's a live tree, I can use it next year.  And best of all it can be an indoor plant.  I think it looks so cute!


 My children of course do not approve of this tree but I do have a full size tree but it's a fake tree and they don't like that either!!




 At least I accomplished getting the home deocrated for the holidays.  I wish each of you a wonderful holiday season!

4 comments:

  1. That's a lovely hotel. I'd love to visit someday

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun time! That's a lovely hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Andrew for your kind comments. I wish you a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Pat,

    Nice blog, and I agree, Heidi is beautiful.

    Your cuz,

    Joanne

    Here is my web site, not a blog.

    http://www.ruralnetwork.net/~jjbraden/JimandJoannesPage.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave a comment!